Saturday, November 14, 2009

Slacker, Underachiever

These are words I used to use for my brother all the time when he was in school. (In the most loving way possible of course.) He was just content with getting a B in school without studying instead of studying and getting an A. How are we related?

Well now, that is me. I am in grad school and I am just not motivated. This is so not like me. If I get a B in this class, which is where I am headed, I am going to be so upset. But I cannot muster up the energy or effort to get that A.

On top of that I have been slacking on working out. I was so motivated last month with the Rocktober Challenge. But now, I don't even know what happened. I think I have worked out once this week. I am definitely working out today, so that would be twice. But I am definitely not doing what I want to be. I could make excuses, like the weather sucks right now and I just don't want to leave the house when I don't have to. That statement is true, but it is just an excuse. I have to somehow find that motivation I had last month. Oh motivation.....where are you???

I refuse to let this one bad week curtail my fitness goals. In the past, one week of no exercise would turn into months of no exercise. Not this time. Not gonna happen. I am gonna get up and do it.

That is gonna be my mantra, just get up and do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment