Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

It is Thanksgiving 2009 and this year I have sooo much to be thankful for. This year in June I married the man of my dreams. It was perfect day and a perfect wedding and I would not change one thing about it. Also this year the Hubs was shot on the job. At the time we had only been married for 1 month and it was the day before his birthday. Definitely not how I thought I would spend that day and not something that I ever thought would happen. But thankfully it turned out ok. No permanent damage done. But that day showed me how fragile life can be and to appreciate every day that is given to you. Based on those two things alone I have lots to be thankful for.

Even though my family thinks I am not family oriented, I really am. It is just that I am slightly introverted, or maybe very, and I need periods of recuperation from my large, loud, loving family. Anywho, I love that my family is always there for each other. When times get rough, we drop everything and gravitate together. Unfortunately we have had to pull together in times of bad to frequently this lately...the loss of a parent (love you Aunt Janice), a shooting, others being rushed to the hospital, and just having too much on your plate and needing a break. But every time we are there for each other and there is not greater feeling. I am truly thankful to have my family.

Every day remember to give thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment