Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Rocktober Challenge/ Holiday Challenge

So I finally weighed myself. My weight seems to go up and down, so I can be positive, but I think I lost 4 pounds doing the Rocktober Challenge. If that is true, I am amazed. So now the hard part...keeping it off.

I am starting a new challenge for the rest of the year. It is based on a points system and the person at the end with the most points wins bragging rights. I am not starting off too good. I think I was a little burned out from working out 29 out of 31 days. But so far this week I have only worked out once. It is only Tuesday, so I have some time to recover, but that is not good. Fortunately for me working out is not the only way to get points.

There are points for eating home cooked meals, drinking enough water, wearing sunblock, not drinking alcohol, etc. This is more of a total body challenge as opposed to just fitness. The truth is I do not care if I win or not. I am the least competitive person I know. But somehow these challenges inspire me. I like having other people to be accountable to, not just myself.

In other fitness goals, I have 2 more weeks of the C25K program. Other people said that week 5 was the hardest and that is when the majority of people quit, but I am starting to have my difficulty now at week 8. It is definitely mental, but I cannot seem to be able to run more than 2.5 miles. I think I may be going too fast in the beginning and am burning out. So tomorrow when I go to run I am going to start off slower. I also learned that I need to listen to slower music in the beginning of my run. It helps with my breathing. So I am going to try to rearrange songs on my iPod and see if that helps as well. I am not going to give up though. I am going to complete this program and run in a 5K when I am done. That is my goal. And I would like to lose 20 more pounds. That is my ultimate goal.

So what I am going to work on for this month - eating correctly. I think I need to invest in a food scale because I think I eat healthy the majority of the time, but maybe my portions are too big. I am not a calorie counter at all so I will have to see how this works. I think I am also going to try to cut out carbs after lunch. Being a vegetarian I think this is going to be a little hard because that is where I get my filling food, but I am going to have to find alternatives.

So that is the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment