Friday, September 18, 2009

Punctuality

I always wondered how very punctual people ended up married to people who are notoriously late. I first observed this in my parents. Why dad is one of those people that believes if you are 15 minutes early (sometimes 30) you are on time, if you are on time you are late. Every year my as a Christmas gift my dad get tickets for our family to go see a play on New Year's Eve. So every New Year's Eve me, my mom, dad, grandmother, one of my cousins, and one of my aunt's goes to see a play. I love it. But anyway, every year my dad is in the car waiting for my mom, blowing the horn getting frustrated, and every year my mom is moving at her own pace. This is their routine when they go places together. And they have been married for 30 years, so I guess it is not a deal breaker.

Well I have inherited the punctuality gene (I don't think this really exists) from my father. While I usually don't get places early, I am always on time. The Hubs on the other hand. I don't even think he attempts to be on time. How he ended up in a profession where punctuality is key I will never know. To try not to frustrate myself whatever time he tells me he is going to be somewhere I usually add 1/2 an hour. But obviously this is not enough time either. I don't know why it frustrates me so much. I mean, I know he is not going to be on time so I don't see why if I give him that 1/2 hour buffer and he doesn't get there for 45 min. I am upset, but I am. Then he complains about his best friend who is also notoriously late. I know he is worse than him, but how do you complain when someone does the same thing as you?

I just don't understand why he can't be somewhere at the time he says he will be. Is it really that hard?

No comments:

Post a Comment