Monday, August 3, 2009

Getting in Shape

Being in shape has been a constant battle for me my entire life. I was a big kid and lost weight in my teens, but starting my senior year of college I started putting on weight. So I am trying to set a goal to lose 20 pounds. The problem...I hate working out. I have not found a workout that I will stick with for life or something that I enjoy doing. Every time I go to the gym it is a battle. The entire time leading up to it all I think about is how I do not want to do it. When I get there it is not that bad, but that constant battle is frustrating and I think it is why it is never long lasting.

One of the plans I tried before was the Best Life Diet. It is a plan by the guy who works with Oprah. I tried this a while ago but like everything else I eventually quit. So I am going to try again. It isn't really a diet, but a life change. You know, eating better and working out more. My eating habits are pretty good, but it is the working out where I really need help. Also I probably do not eat enough calories in a day. So while I am eating healthy foods, I am not eating enough. I have to work on that too.

So here are the Phase I objectives:
Duration: a minimum of 4 weeks
You weigh in once at the beginning and not again for 4 weeks (that is gonna be hard for me)

Increase activity level
Stop eating at least 2 hours before sleep
Eat 3 meals and 2 snacks (you have to eat breakfast, which I do everyday)
Drink more water
Eliminate alcohol (I will start this part in 2 weeks after my AHR and my trip to AC)
Take daily supplements (I have never been good at this, but I will try)
(I love in this phase that you do not have to change what you eat just yet, but I am going to try to eat as healthy as possible)

So this is my plan for the next 4 weeks. I am going to start including more strength training in my workouts and I can do that in the house. And I will go to the gym more. I think I am going to try to find we some classes to take to (break up the monotony). I also have my 2 fitness buddies that will keep me on track.

I am going to to this! I will have to keep repeating it to myself. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment