Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Insanity

Image from extremefitnessresults.com

So the Hubs got the Insanity workout videos. And apparently he bought them for me. I thought it was something we were going to do together, but whatever. So I decided to start it today. It is the same format as the P90X that we have except it is more cardio based and you only use your body weight. I like that part because I have enough body weight to get a hellafied workout. So DAY 1 is a Fit Test that you do every two weeks to measure your progress. You are supposed to do a different exercise everyday and be done it 60 days. You workout 6 days a week for 9 weeks. I already know I am not going to get in 6 days a week. First, I do not want to work out that much. The idea is not appealing. 3-4 times a week is good to me. Second, I want to go to the gym with the Hubs once a week so I will be doing something different there. Also, I am trying to workout with some co-workers once a week. Third, I am in grad school, taking 2 classes this summer and it is very time consuming. In fact, I should be doing school work right now.

So I am going to embarrassingly post the results of my Fit Test. I guess I have no where to go but up. So as long as I improve, I should be good.

Let me tell you. I was sweating my ass off at the end of this. You do each exercise for a minute.

Switch Kicks - 78
Power Jacks - 36
Power Knees - 69
Power Jumps - 20
Globe Jumps - 6
Suicide Jumps - 11
Push-Up Jacks - 13
Low Plank Oblique - 30

A blog I read, Fitness Freak, inspired me to get started. But she is the Fitness Freak and I am...not. So her results for day 1 were WAY better than mine. At the end I hope to at least be where she is starting off.

I figure if I am realistic this is going to take me 15 weeks to complete. Maybe longer. I go on vacation next week for a full 7 days. So I will not be doing it there. Because of the couple the Hubs and I are going on vacation with we will probably work out, but it won't be Insanity. It will probably be worse.

I really want to get in shape though. And I have to find something I can commit to. Hopefully this will be it.


No comments:

Post a Comment