Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Making Changes


I have got to make some serious changes for my health. I too few months I will be thirty. I am not looking forward to this day at all. In fact, I am a little depressed about it, but I am trying not to think about it. I have decided that I will be even more depressed about this day if I do not start making changes to my diet and start consistently exercising. I tried the Insanity. Honestly, I am not there yet, but I will be. I want to lose 29 pounds. Really, more but I would be happy with 20. Way at the bottom of my blog is a ticker of my progress.

So basic changes, I have to watch the number of calories I am eating. I have been eating with reckless abandon and that is NOT like me. The Hubs keeps recommending that I go to a nutritionist. I am all for that, but I have to do some research. I do not want to go somewhere and they are trying to give me some pills or B-12 shots as a solution. That is not for me.

I have been going to the gym, but I know that is because I am in the midst of my little break between semesters. I am going to attempt to make a conscious effort to work out 3 times a week once school starts again. Hopefully, I will be able to fit that in. When I worked different hours I would go to the gym all the time. But since I changed my hours it has decreased and decreased. I have to change that.

I also need to find some variety in my meal plans. Frankly, I am getting bored. And when that happens, I start eating crap.

And basically those are the keys to getting in shape anyway. Work out more and eat less. So that is what I gotta do.

I just need to get motivated. And that is my biggest issue. I already know that more than one day a week I cannot get up at 3:30 and work out with co-workers, but I will do it once a week. I want to work out with the Hubs, but he likes to go too late. So I just have to convince myself to go alone. As Nike says, Just do it. And I will. I have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment